As suggested by a good friend, I decided to make a bucket list of things I want to do before I leave DC. Considering I graduate in December, I have about three months to complete this list. Some of these I have done a million times, but can’t get enough of, and others I am ashamed to say that I have completely ignored during my four years here.
1. See History Channel documentary about DC Monuments that I bought at least three years ago to sound knowledgeable whenever somebody comes to visit.
2. Visit the World War I Memorial.
4. Attend a concert at 9:30 Club. (I cannot believe I haven’t done this either)
5. Walk the National Mall and the monuments around it at least one more time. (I’ve done that plenty of times but it never gets old.)
6. Have jumbo slice pizza in Adams Morgan. (Various times, preferably.)
7. Go one more time to the Butterfly Garden at the Natural History Museum. (Favorite place in the whole world.)
8. Visit the Cocoran Gallery of Art.
9. Attend a concert or play at Wolftrap.
10. Take a bike ride or a jog through Rock Creek Park. (Accompanied, of course.)
11. Have very expensive drinks (or even dinner) at Citronelle.
12. Complete a mission at the Spy Museum.
13. Go to eat at Jose Andrés Minibar. Alone . (I heard from someone who has been that it contributes to making it an even more interesting experience.)
14. Go to the DC Aquarium. (Yes, there is one.)
Any suggestions? Which are your favorite places in DC?